Friday, August 3, 2012

Four different cards...one is a real cute fishie card!

Four new cards I made over the last day and a half. The first one was taught to me by my friend, Judi, at a Stampin' Up demonstration. You use Christmas ornament stamps and punch, turn them on their side, use a scallop oval punch and cut "fins" out of it, add a googley eye, and you've got a cute fishie! Use your sponge inking with about 3 differing shades of blue on a wave template to make the background of the card. I decided to go just a tad farther and cut a piece of craft to use as sand and I had some cute little epoxy stickers for the bottom dwellers.  I made one that says "hello" for OWH and this one is for my daughter to use.


This is just a simple card with no sentiment for OWH so a hero can personalize it as he/she likes. 


I really love how this one turned out.  I'm a sucker for blue anyway and use it A LOT (probably more than I should) on my cards and scrapbook layouts.  I don't own the punch for the border yet (used this one at a scrapbook store) but like the effect that it gave my double side border, so it may have to go on my wishlist. 


I know this one looks like the sentiment is slighly blurry, but in fact, that is on purpose.  I double stamped the sentment:  once in black and then slightly off-side of it in green to get the shadow effect.  Very simple card on craft paper. 

The four of them all together.  I ended up with 3 of the "peace & love & happiness" cards, 2 of the fishies, and that was it!   Thanks for looking.....I appreciate it!


2 comments:

hotrodguitar said...

Beautiful cards!
I'm sure whoever receives these will appreciate them greatly.
Nice work. :)

Penny L. said...

thanks so much, babe, for looking and taking the time to leave me such nice comments!